Straw, raffia and textured weaves: introducing the ‘it’ bag trend taking off in SS19. Inspired by fashion’s recurring obsession with basket bags, these new-season styles come with a little more structure than their summery counterparts, making them the perfect transition pieces for spring. Here are our top picks…
The Handheld Bags
1. Mae Metal Ring Handle Bucket Bag. Looking for a new way to wear the bucket bag? Enter our new-season hero. Effortlessly cool, this handheld design combines woven straw and white leather-look panels, offering a fresh, contemporary take on the textured bag trend. Carry it by the metal ring handles or wear it over the shoulder using the detachable strap.
2. Raffia Handheld Bag. The perfect bag to take you from work to the weekend, this top-handle design combines summer-ready raffia with faux leather panels in tan, blurring the lines between smart and casual. Fashioned with a cross-body strap for when you need to go hands-free, this structured style offers a sleek way to take on the new textures of SS19 – we’re in love.
The Shoulder Bags
3. Lee Woven Shopper Bag. Work, weekends and even the beach – this woven tote bag has all bases covered. Coloured in a soft cream hue, this spacious design adds a dash of texture to your SS19 accessories, as well as being roomy enough to carry all your essentials.
4. Raffia Harper Shoulder Bag. For a more subtle take on the textured bag trend, make this over-the-shoulder style your new weekday saviour. It comes with a close-weave raffia panel in off-white, providing a more city-appropriate alternative to the season’s statement straw bags. We like how the faux leather details ensure a more structured finish.
The Cross-Body Bags
5. Pebble Vinyl Cross-Body Bag. Ticking off two trends at once, this nude-hued design combines an inner woven pouch with an outer layer of clear vinyl – a fashion favourite with the street style set. The unexpected contrast of textures lends a directional look to the classic cross-body, making it a must-have for the new season.
6. Woven Crescent Cross-Body Bag. Crafted with soft, curved edges, this all-white wonder refreshes the crescent bag trend with a woven front panel that lends it a little extra texture. Made with spring and summer wardrobes in mind, this chalky cross-body makes the perfect add-on to warm-weather looks.